Sunday 20 September 2015

Parts of Brain (Encephalon)

Hello readers.
Since this is my first post on Life Sciences let me tell you why I am doing it.
I don't know if you guys know about it, but students who are doing Microbiology have to study the entire life science when they are giving some sort of competitive exams.
So, I am also preparing for one and hence I thought it would be a good idea to share it too with you guys.
So the first topic that I studied is brain and let's try to know about it's parts. Slowly we will discuss the functions and other details.



1. Forebrain (Prosencephalon):
(I remember it as a gamer in which a PRO is always in FOREfront).
It has three parts:

  • Olfactory lobe (Rhinencephalon) 
  • Cerebrum (Telencephalon) 
  • Diencephalon (Thalamencephalon)    
2. Midbrain (Mesencephalon):
(This one is comparatively easy to remember, because both starts from M).
This has two parts:
  • Crura cerebri (Cerebral Peduncle)
  • Corpora Quadrigemina (Optic Lobes)
3. Hindbrain (Rhombencephalon):
(I remember this as a RHino hitting you from HIND legs).
This too has three parts:
  • Pons Varolii
  • Cerebellum (Metencephalon)
  • Medulla Oblongata (Myelencephalon)
Here's a lame mnemonic that helped me. 



I know it may not be the best or the smartest mnemonic but I hope it helps you.
Lots of love and high six <3
-Staph :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Into the Water by Paula Hawkins - Worth the hype

 Namaste. Question - Have you read the book "The Girl on the Train" by Paula Hawkins? Question again - Did you like it? If your an...