Tuesday 8 September 2015

Blood grouping - ABO system

Hello to all my learning group. 
Today we will be learning blood grouping by ABO system.  We all know this system and the antigens, antibodies present on it. But if I ask you suddenly which is the antigen and antibody present in group A, you won't be able to tell it instantly, unless you are a unicorn. 
What?? 
Yes unicorns are magical so they can do anything. Trust me. 
I am just kidding. But on a serious note even after knowing the answers correctly I could never answer them on the spot, thanks to dear ADHD. 
So I made myself a simpler way to remember them and I am today sharing it with you guys.

Here's my way to remember it. Let's go

It is known that there are four blood groups in this system. A, B, AB and O. 
Now have a look at the word antigen.  Here 'gen' can be understood as general.  General generally means 'the same'So when I ask you what is the antigen on group A, then the answer is same. A. For blood Group B it's B. For AB its A and B. Capital O has an anatomy similar to 0 and hence it has 0 antigens.


Now similarly have a look at the word antibody. Here 'body' can be understood as a person's body.  Every person have different kinds of body and it is 'never the same' . 
Hence when I ask you what is the antibody present on group A the should be not same. And therefore the answer is B. For blood group B, the answer is A. For the blood group AB its 0 and for O it's A and B.


I hope all my confused pals find this helpful 
Here's our signature high six. 
Lots of love 
-Staph. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Into the Water by Paula Hawkins - Worth the hype

 Namaste. Question - Have you read the book "The Girl on the Train" by Paula Hawkins? Question again - Did you like it? If your an...