Monday 7 September 2015

Epic plan fail

Hello to all microbiologists
I am Staph here and today I will be sharing with you how effectively I work in my lab:p
I like to plan my things ahead so that I don't forget even the smallest thing that I have to do when I enter the lab.
So this one fine day, when I had to do a lot of work I made a to do list, before going college. And it kinda went like this.

  1. make slants and give for autoclaving.
  2. protein estimation of crude biosurfactant.
  3. carry out paper and tlc chromatography simultaneously of the crude biosurfactant.
  4. subculture the isolates.
  5. clean my locker.
  6. update my rough journal

To get all work done I reached my lab at 7:30 in the morning. As per my plan I decided to make my slants and put it for autoclaving for my later subculturing. But as decided I had to first irk Dixy by telling a joke as my daily morning ritual.
...
...
...
Finally when I was satisfied that she is irritated enough I decided to move out alive. When I moved out, I realised that my 10 minute joke took me almost an hour, thanks to my unbeatable time travelling skills ;).
9:00 am - finally found all the components for NA slants and started to make my media.
9:30 am - still making media because I have to be very accurate with the amount of every components, so that no selective or inhibitory component harms my isolates.

What?? I guess NA is just a nutrient medium -_-
Oh yeah right hehehehe...Shut up.

10:00 - digesting my media.
10:15 - oops oops, it's hot...burning burning. Yeah my media boiled out of the flask :( No worries, it's just a hard time. You make it again Staph.
11:00 - done making my media and digesting it again, CAREFULLY this time.

Dixy: Girl, since 2 hours you are just reached till digestion.
Me: Don't ask girl. It's a long story. Anyways now that you are here can you get me a rack and a box of 50 dilution tubes.
Dixy: Yeah sure.

12:00 pm - Pouring the tubes.
1:00 - Still pouring the tubes. Thanks to one of my junior pal. She talks very sweet and I didn't realized when my media got solidified T_T
1:30 pm - Making cotton plus..50 cotton plugs. This is the thing that I hate the most. I just wished I could bring in some tampons and shove it right in the tube.
2:00 pm - All done, gave my slant for autoclaving and now it's my and Dixy's lunch time. I was super hungry anyways.
3:00 pm - Done with the lunch and now arranging my slants.
3:30 pm - searching my isolates in the fridge and arranging them in the order, this is another time consuming task. Writing the labels and sticking it on the slants.
4:30 pm - Searching and begging for loop and lighter.
5:00 pm - Finally started with the subculturing. Thanks goodness.
6:30 pm - Done with it. Packed my bag and left the lab.

Man, it was a really tiring and exhausting day. I was totally worn out.
Yeah, keep it up. What a productive day.

Aww, thank you.
F*** you. Bloody lazy punk.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Into the Water by Paula Hawkins - Worth the hype

 Namaste. Question - Have you read the book "The Girl on the Train" by Paula Hawkins? Question again - Did you like it? If your an...