Friday 16 October 2015

Petrol eye lash curlers :p

Hello everyone.
I noticed it's quite long since I shared my lab incidents with you
So after hunting my diary for quite some time I came across this story which I decided to be share with you all.
So in this one particular project, I was trying to enrich petrol degraders from a soil sample. One common method which is used by everyone is - Make an MSM media and  add petrol in it.
So, I did the same.
I made an MSM media with 2% petrol and inoculated the soil sample. Nothing major happened in this step.
But post 7 day incubation, I had to isolate the probable petrol degraders and hence I made MSM agar plates with 2% petrol. Now the tragedy lies here.
I opened the plate to streak it, when...
When...
The plate caught fire.
Right in my hand.
The scathing flames reached my lashes and gave me a nice no-equipment lash curls.
I immediately put the plate on the table and turned off the burners.
All my batch mates came and started blowing over the flame and I too joined them.
Thankfully, the flame was put off and everyone sighed relief.

So this was my one of the many accidental incidents in my lab.
Don't forget to share your crazy stories with us.

High Six.
-Staph :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Into the Water by Paula Hawkins - Worth the hype

 Namaste. Question - Have you read the book "The Girl on the Train" by Paula Hawkins? Question again - Did you like it? If your an...